Synthetics are artificial lifeforms with simulated intelligence created by corporations like SynTek and Telic. Syntek recently requested that the Interstellar Alliance give them permission to construct and deploy "military droids" to protect their corporate interests. Currently only the IAF has the right to deploy military droids, and they do so on remote worlds, and with minimum civilian exposure.
- Android: an artificial lifeform that is superficially indistinguishable from humanity.
- Mechanoid: a traditional robot sometimes called a "droid", a runaway military class SynTek mechanoid on Rosebloom Pleasure World killed over a million tourists.
- S-300 Scavenger series droid: a reprogrammed military android illegally used in SynTek chemical processing facilities.
- Telic-Matsumoto WarBot: the AKIRA system Warbot was designed by Telic to replace SynTek's automated sentry series, it uses a fifty megawatt pulsed frequency laser. (EFR Campaign)
- Valve used the equally valid term "mechanoid" as the default, because the term "Droid" is patented by Lucasfilm.
- Either there were two separate Rosebloom Pleasure World Massacres, one in 2184 and then another in 2236, or they threw out some of the continuity they wrote in the original mod.