Hand Grenades are an equipment slot item unlocked at level 22. They can be thrown at an enemy or on the ground; they explode 4 seconds after being thrown or on contact with an alien, whichever comes first. Hand Grenades used by marines with the Explosives Bonus skill detonate once, then create a series of secondary cluster explosions, whose number and damage is based on their skill.
A set of highly explosive cluster grenades. Marines with greater explosives skills are issued grenades with more cluster charges.
- Very high damage
- Marines with Explosives Bonus skill can devastate incoming mobs
- Inefficient compared to other explosive weapons (e.g. Hornet Barrage) when used by marines with no Explosives Bonus
- High potential for friendly fire
- Use when faced by a large group of enemies, preferably in an enclosed space with easy escape options for your squad to avoid friendly fire.
- The world model used by grenades once thrown reads "Good for blowing things up :)".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.