Alien Swarm 2K4 is a total conversion mod for Unreal Tournament 2004 created by a development team from Black Cat Games. It was later on published by Valve as a source version, which is known as Alien Swarm.
Initial release was May 28, 2004, including the Sigma and Ortega Campaigns. A version 1.2 was released on September 10, 2004. It contained support for playing a 3rd playable campaign, Upsilon Version 1.3 was released on December 16, 2005. On February 13, 2007 the Telic campaign, introducing new weapons and items, and the version 1.32 patch were released.
The latest patch 1.34 is from January 31, 2010, adding widescreen support.
- Cythe: Skins, 2D Art and voice.
- Dalai: Code, design and animations.
- DusKer: Design, concept art and the Ortega campaign.
- Solaris: Level design, models, skins, sound, music, and voice.
Main team (Phalanx Campaign)Edit
- MjrHuRTz: Level Design, Coding, Writer
Main team (Telic Campaign)Edit
- Butters: Hacking, Level Design, Team Coordination
- Donator: Level Design, Coding, Writer, Voice Actor
- smattbac': Code Magician, Level Design, All-Rounder
- Sniper1: Models and Animations, Level Design, Web Wizard
- Steroids: Music and Sounds, Level Design, Promo Vid
Main team (Escape From Rhea)Edit
- Donator: Coder, Lead Mapper
- Butters': Coding, Creative Support
- Nodata': Level Design, AS 1.32 Tester
- Sniper1: Modeling, Level Design, Textures, Cowboy Pilot
- Steroids: Music
- Eljoelio: contributed initial AI code.
- Nachimir: built Deep space freighter Aspirant.
- Predator: built the Sentry Gun model.
- Ulukai: built the BioLab Facility.
Code contributors (Telic Campaign)Edit
- Big_D: Coding and Mapping Support, Testing
- Carth: 2D-Art, Testing
- Mek: 2D Art, Mapping, Web Support
- Renzatic: built "AO-Fuel"
- Sithlegend: built weapon models, Annihilation Arsenal
- Spinefinger: for the Shenk concept
- SquirrelZero: designed dynamic flashlight code, lead coder Frag.Ops
- DeepQantas, Hidden_Wolfe, Lizanneh, Microwave, Mordengaard, Raven and BrokenArts.
Voice actors (Telic Campaign)Edit
- DeepQantas, Mordengaard, Broken Arts, Dana
- Omega, DeepQantas, Chainsaws, Wildbill, Biohazard, Immortius, TheAlbaniac, SMithy, Master-Builder and Nachimir.
QA testers (Telic Campaign)Edit
- Baz, Killer-MK1, MjrHurtz, Cpt.Exo, UArch, Mac_Jedi
QA testers (Escape From Rhea Campaign)Edit
- DelXander, Felix, Fuzzy Bunny, Killer-Mk1, lightfoot, Moses2k, NoData, reemulmyu, x-newbie...
There are currently six campaigns availiable for Alien Swarm 2K4:
- Sigma and Ortega the two official campaigns
- Phalanx Campaign, created single-handedly by a modder named MjrHuRTz
- Upsilon Campaign, being compiled from community made maps
- Telic Campaign, a semi-official release which added new weapons, items, and maps
- Escape From Rhea, a sequel to the Telic Campaign made by a modder named Donator from the Telic team, it added more weapons, equipment, and maps
- Tactical, 4 to 8 player co-op action game with a top-down perspective
- Over 100 weapons and equipment with countless loadout configurations
- 4 unique classes and 8 unique characters
- Powered by Unreal 2 engine
- OS: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP, Vista, 7, Linux 2.2+ or Mac OS X (Linux not supported by Atari)
- Processor: 1.0 GHz CPU Pentium III or Athlon (1.2 GHz CPU or faster recommended)
- Memory: 128 MB RAM (256MB RAM or greater recommended)
- Graphics: DirectX 9.0b compatible 32 MB graphics card (64 MB NVIDIA or ATI hardware T&L card recommended)
- Hard Drive: 5.5 GB hard disk space
- Sound: DirectX 9.0b compatible sound card
Alien Swarm was the winner of Phase 4 of the Make Something Unreal Contest for best non-FPS modification. The mod was also a finalist in the MSUC for the grand prize of an Unreal Engine license, eventually won by Red Orchestra. Alien Swarm was also declared 'Mod of the Year' by GameSpy.
- Mod DB
- Mod DB: Escape From Rhea
- Mod DB: Telic
- Escape From Rhea Campaign Manual
- Phalanx Campaign Manual
- Telic Campaign Manual
- Upsilon Campaign Manual
|Campaigns • Characters • Enemies • Equipment • Promotions • Skills • Weapons|
Background • Challenges • Console • Difficulty • Experience • Server setup • Speed running • Steam achievements • Strategy